We all know the old saying ‘Only death and taxes are certain’….. what are you doing to prepare for the future and protect your loved ones?
Wills, estates and probate lawyers in Dandenong and surrounding areas
The death of someone close to you can be a difficult time. We can help you to manage the deceased’s bank accounts, property, shares and other assets so that you do not bear the burden alone.
We can assist you with the preparation of all necessary documents in the following situations:
- If the person has left a valid will – you may need to apply for probate of the deceased person’s estate
- If the person did not leave a will and the estate is over a certain value – you may need to apply for administration of the deceased person’s estate
- Contesting a will – if you feel you have been unfairly left out under the terms of a will, we can help you to dispute it. Disputing a will can be complicated, with documents to be filed within strict time limits. We can advise you regarding your chances of succeeding in a challenge to a will.
- Planning your estate – estate planning goes beyond simply making a will. We can advise you on the most tax-effective ways to distribute your assets and assist you to make plans about the operation of businesses and the like when you are no longer here.
So that you have financial certainty, we offer the following services on a fixed fee basis.
- Standard single will: $225 (& GST)
- Standard two ‘mirror’ wills (for example, for husband and wife): $400 (& GST)
- For complex wills involving multiple assets and beneficiaries please contact us to obtain an estimate of costs.
Powers of attorney
- Enduring power of attorney: $225 (& GST)
- Two ‘mirror’ powers of attorney: $400 (& GST)
Appointment of medical treatment decision maker
- Appointment of medical treatment decision maker: $140 (& GST)
- Two ‘mirror’ appointments of medical treatment decision maker: $200 (& GST
- Advance care directive: $100 (& GST) each
- Application for probate or administration: approx.$3,500 (& GST)
- (depending on complexity)
‘My Future Plan’ packages
We also offer comprehensive ‘Future Plan’ packages at a fixed fee to cover all aspects of your future planning including:
- A standard will
- An enduring power of attorney
- A medical treatment decision maker appointment
- An advance care directive
Our fees for the ‘Future Plan’ packages are:
- Single $650 (& GST)
- Couple $1,000 (& GST)
Please contact the Fleming & Rhoden team to discuss.
The Fleming and Rhoden team are also experienced in Family Law, with expertise across divorce, parenting arrangements, intervention orders and child support in the Dandenong region.