There are many reasons why it is safer to use a law practice for your property transaction rather than a conveyancer.
- Each property dealing is unique and has its own issues – lawyers have the legal training and experience to handle any problems which may arise
- Property transactions can sometimes overlap with other areas of law – for example, a house may be sold as part of a family law settlement. Lawyers have knowledge of various areas of law whereas conveyancers only know how to deal with property transactions.
- If any complications arise in relation to your property dealing, a conveyancer may need to send you to a lawyer to sort out the problem. We have lawyers in our office who can provide advice with minimal or no extra cost to you.
- Lawyers operate an audited trust accounts to ensure that your money is safe.
- After a significant change to your life (such as a buying or selling a property), you really should make a will (if you do not already have one) or make a new will (if you already have one) so that you can make sure that upon your death your assets will go to the persons you chose – we can help you with that in-house.