Fleming & Rhoden can assist you with the following mortgage services: –
- Loan application assistance
- Witnessing mortgage documents
- Advice and assistance regarding lesser known lending options such as HomeSafe or Thinktank
- Advice regarding Guarantees
- Preparation of loan documents (between family or friends)
- Property searches and reports (as may be required by your lender)
- Arranging and completing settlements
- Discharging paid out mortgages
- Assistance with refinances
Many lenders require their borrowers (or guarantors) to fully understand the legal nature of the transaction they are about to enter into and as such require you to provide to them a Solicitor’s Certificate. A Solicitor’s Certificate tells your lender that you understand what you are contracting to do, what your obligations are and what risks are involved.
When your lender tells you that you need a solicitor to witness your loan (or guarantee) documents, it doesn’t mean we simply witness you signing the documents, it means we read and consider the documents and provide you with detailed legal advice so you understand what you are being asked to do.